When it comes to growing and preserving wealth, it’s important to bear in the mind the volatility of the markets and how it could impact your retirement income. Fortunately, there are ways to help shield your savings from market woes. Designed to protect, grow, and provide aguaranteed stream of income is an annuity. Align yourself with less risky investment vehicles such as these that can offer upside potential and protection against the downswings. Here are some additional potential advantages to mull over:
- It creates an income floor that you can’t outlive, regardless of how long you live or how the markets perform.
- It can help cover essential expenses that Social Security and any pension payments may not.
- It grows tax-free up until your retirement.
- It can generally yield higher returns than other low risk investments, such as CDs, money market accounts, or bonds.
- It can offer more risk-taking for potentially better returns.
- It can provide a death benefit to have your income payments or account value be passed onto your beneficiaries.
Build confidence from uncertainty by diversifying your portfolio with an annuity. Our lines are open–contact us to learn more about how an annuity can fit into your retirement plan.
This document is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal or tax advice. One should consult a legal or tax professional regarding their own personal situation. Any comments regarding safe and secure investments and guaranteed income streams refer only to fixed insurance products offered by an insurance company. They do not refer in any way to securities or investment advisory products Insurance policy applications are vetted through an underwriting process set forth by the issuing insurance company. Some applications may not be accepted based upon adverse underwriting results. Death benefit payouts are based upon the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company. The firm providing this document is not affiliated with the Social Security Administration or any other government entity.
Annuities are long-term investments designed for retirement purposes. Withdrawals of taxable amounts are subject to income tax and, if taken prior to age 59½, a 10% federal tax penalty may apply. Early withdrawals may be subject to withdrawal charges. Optional riders have limitations and are available for an additional cost through the purchase of a variable annuity contract. Guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing company.